Thursday, July 8, 2010

goal # 55....50 things that will free your mind!

1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? I am not really sure I definitely don’t feel like I should be 26… I am in no rush to have kids or anything, but I feel like I have out grown the partying and getting drunk stage…and just being incredibly dumb.. I think I am right where I should be the 25-30 age group.
2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? I know I am probably in the smaller margin here but I am going to go with failing… I know going through life and thinking what if I tried… but failing is one of the worst and most discouraging things I could go through.
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? It’s the mystery of it all for things we don’t do, also since it isn’t done often it is not so repetitive… and some things we do because we have to, or it is just become too mundane and common.
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? In the end more than likely because I know there are things I want to do and see that I said I would and I won’t get to.
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? I’m not really sure… I would like to say I wish there would be no poverty… I would prefer to have a cure for cancer... I lost my mom to it, there are so many kids that are sick and in pain from it that also pass away.
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? EVENT PLANNING!
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? I am not doing anything right now… I am trying to get a job, right now I am settling for what I am doing.
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? Probably not…I am pretty happy with life, I would try to have my husband home more…and we would be a lot closer to family and friends- so I am surrounded by people I love...15 years away from that average will go by quicker than you think.
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
Unfortunately not very much, I still feel behind career-wise. I did control completing college and getting married. But life also takes crazy twists and turns.
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
Doing things right. I am not really ever in situations where I need to do the right thing…if I think I shouldn’t do it or if it’s wrong I tend not to do it.
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? It depends how comfortable am I with these people… if I am comfortable enough with them then I would definitely say something to them. If it was people I just admired and respected that I didn’t know, then I would probably keep my mouth shut… but I would not chime in and bad mouth my friend
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? You are an amazing beautiful person- don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise.
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? Most definitely, unless they killed someone and were facing jail time then I wouldn’t
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? No, I still think Ed Hardy is the dumbest thing ever.
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? I eat my kit kats weird. Other than that I have no clue.
16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Everyone is different. I also get really happy over the simplest things.
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? Become an event planner. Time and money and not knowing someone so I can get my foot in the door.
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Pittsburgh… I will always be a Pgh girl but I still love everything about it and get sad when I see life going on there without me.
19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? Pittsburgh!! Because I miss it, and a piece of my heart will always be there. And most of my friends and family are there. There are a lot of places I’d like to visit… but not live. I definitely want to go back to Pgh.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? Guilty as charged! No, but I like to pretend it does!
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Joyful simpleton, life is too short to be worried… and being a genius doesn’t always equal success.
22. Why are you, you?
Because I am comfortable with who I am…I can be really shy when I first meet a group of people but other than that I am friendly, I have been told I am nice, and funny… oh and weird.
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? To the people I like and want to be friends with pretty much- I only bitch to Drew about people
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? Ehhh I am the friend that moved away and it sucks!!!! I am going with that one. When you lose touch with a good friend right near you it just means that you’re moving in different directions in your life. When a friend moves far away sure you still keep in touch but there is still something missing in that distance.
25. What are you most grateful for? I wonderful loving and supportive husband, family, and friends- they all mean the world to me.
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? Hmm… eventually wouldn’t the new ones I made become old memories also? I think I would rather lose old memories because I have a lot of life and living to do… would I still remember the people from my past? Because if that is the case I’d rather never make new ones.
27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? No because everything that has truth is challenged persay: I know it’s true because ______.
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? No and I pray to God it never happens.
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? Yes and no… I was really upset because I missed my mom… my dad met a terrible woman that he is now married to, and I never saw him because she wouldn’t let him see his family.
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? I wasn’t a child but when I was in college I called my dad to tell him I got hired as an RA… and he told me he was proud of me… and that my mom would be proud too. My dad has never actually told me he was proud. As for childhood memories; probably dancing/acting on stage- I loved being on stage that’s why.
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? Probably when we were on the boat here in Hawaii, and we saw all the sea turtles in the bay.
32. If not now, then when? Not until after this upcoming deployment.
33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? Everything, my pride- as in that feeling of failure.
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? Yes, with Drew
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Because organized religion and politics are evil… they feel that their beliefs are the only ones, people also feel threatened by people that are different than us.
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? Kind of, that’s why we have a conscience, but then again some people think that doing awful things is doing good.
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? No, nowadays a million dollars isn’t that much…if it was enough that I could quit… I might but more than likely I’d still work somewhere
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? If I enjoy it I wouldn’t mind more work, as long as it’s not 80 hours a week
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Sitting around the house alone on facebook? yes.
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? Nothing, there is nothing that I believe so strongly in that I would do that, except Autism Awareness and there isn’t much “controversy” on that as in people are either for or against- like abortion
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? Drew, he’s not here right now.
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? No, I couldn’t imagine not being able to go anywhere without paparazzi chasing me and being followed by tons of people.
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? Being alive is just existing, truly living you are taking risks (not nec. Jumping off bridges, but something like picking up and moving somewhere new). Doing things to make yourself happy.
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? When you are mature enough to do so...or when you are responsible for another life.
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Nobody likes to fail, or show vulnerability. Or admit that they were wrong
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? I am pretty comfortable with how I am and how I act; I am not too worried about what people think of me.
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Last night when I was laying in bed alone and heard some noises.
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? My husband, my family, my friends. Yes, of course I have… obviously in different ways but I have.
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? Probably not. I might remember “or the day before that” because Drew left on a pointless training pump 

50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
I’d say a little bit of both… the Marines made the decision to surprise us with orders and send us to Hawaii and where we would live on base. They are choosing to keep us away from each other. But other decisions in life we’re making them. People are choosing not to hire me. Is a decision being made for me to stay unemployed.

No comments:

Post a Comment